Ivy Tech Community College
General Description of Position: Provide support for installation, troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, and inventory of equipment, materials, and tools used at the Propeller.
Responsibilities include assisting the full-time training coordinator, conducting all activities with an appreciation and respect for diversity of people, styles, and views. Promote the same as an integral part of one's work.
Maintain the equipment at the Propeller.
- Ensure a clean, organized and safe makerspace environment for both spaces.
- Maintain, calibrate, and clean all makerspace equipment.
- Custom create parts and fixtures as needed to support Propeller activities.
- Create and maintain an inventory of makerspace equipment.
- Send in all warranty cards and keep all users' copy of warranty cards.
- Maintain a library of resources for all equipment.
- Create a preventive maintenance program for all equipment.
- Provide instruction on the use of equipment to members of the makerspace.
- Provide institutional support as requested by college administration such as participation on projects related to college and for grant-related projects.
- Participate in professional development to maintain and grow knowledge base.
- Support the Propeller board of directors and the director to create reports, apply for grants, and grow membership.
- Participate in community service activities on behalf of the college to advance the college's relationships within its service area.
- Minimum Qualifications: Possesses Certificates, Technical Certificates from a regionally and/or nationally accredited institution directly related to the College’s and Propeller’s programs, and/or two years of directly related work experience that is specifically related to installation, troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, and inventory of equipment, materials, and tools.
Preferred Qualifications: Possesses an earned Associate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution directly related to the College’s and Propeller’s programs, possesses any specialized certifications related to the job description, and, three years of directly related work experience that is specifically related to installation, troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, and inventory of equipment, materials, and tools.