The Environmental Health, and Safety Manager will implement policies to ensure a safe, healthy work environment and ensure organizational compliance with government regulations and industry standards.
• Inspects the facility, equipment, and processes to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
• Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
• Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
• Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
• Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
• Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
• Ensures that safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible.
• Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies (OSHA/NIOSH)
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be able to work as part of a cross-functional team (e.g., quality/operations)
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required; Masters degree desirable.
• OSHA 30-hour certification preferred
• Five years of related experience preferred.
• Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.