Johnson Heating Cooling Plumbing: We are looking for an HVAC Service Manager - Residential to join our team. Commercial experience is a plus!
Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) service managers’ responsibilities include leading their technicians who install and fix the units, ensuring customer satisfaction, training new employees, and responding to service calls. While our HVAC service managers can work in an office, they typically spend at least a portion of their time at customers’ homes to perform necessary HVAC services; this may include working on the outside and the inside of the homes.
This job has physical - as well as mental - components. HVAC service managers need to be able to use relevant tools in HVAC repair; they also must possess excellent customer service skills to communicate with clients about necessary repairs. The ability to squat, kneel, bend, and perform other physical movements required during repair is also necessary.
Educational requirements for this position typically include a related degree or a certificate from a community or technical college. Most of the time, HVAC service managers work during the regular business hours, but they may respond to service calls outside of these times.
HVAC Service Manager Tasks
- Manage, develop and lead HVAC service staff by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, and reviewing the performance of all staff employees.
- Maintain a well-trained team that is up to date on new technology, use tools and materials properly and provide each customer with quality workmanship.
- Provide customers with price estimations for parts and labor; effectively estimate project hours for specific services and coordinate with team to shorten downtime.
- Work with customers and team to provide technical support, resolve issues, and provide HVAC product maintenance.
Other Responsibilities as needed:
- Install new heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems
- Inspect and perform equipment repairs and replacements
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in HVAC or other related fields
- Familiarity with HVAC wiring diagrams
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills